In the interest of safety, these instructions must be strictly followed. It is strongly suggested that the filling process be first practiced with water and repeated several times until you become familiar with it.
1. Remove the hypodermic needle from the protective case. Slide the green/red silicone sleeve onto the needle so that the injection holes are located at the centre of the sleeve. This can be achieved by rotating the needle whilst exerting pressure on the sleeve. The green/red silicone sleeve must only be used once.
2. Remove the red stabiliser from the dart if necessary using a DANINJECT venting pin, release any retained air from the dart syringe air chamber.
3. Hold the dart with the air chamber uppermost. Using an air filler syringe fitted with a DANINJECT coupling adapter connected to the drug chamber, position the black plunger at the rear of the chamber.
4. Reverse the dart so that the drug chamber is now uppermost. Using a suitable syringe filled with the required tranquillising/medicating liquid slowly inject the drug into the chamber. Ensure that you use a sufficiently small gauge needle to allow air from the drug chamber to be expelled without displacing the drug.
5. Mount the hypodermic needle onto the dart syringe boss using pliers and locate it firmly by rotating it slightly whilst applying pressure.
6. Apply a safety cap over the needle and seat it firmly on the dart.
7. Pressurizing the dart: Hold the dart vertically with the needle/protection cap uppermost. Mount the DANINJECT coupling adapter onto a dry standard 12 – 20 ml syringe. Introduce 12 ml of air into the syringe, (correct air pressure for a 3 ml dart). Connect the syringe securely to the air chamber of the dart and, with a smooth continuous action, inject the 12 ml of air into the dart air chamber.
Now 12 ml of air is let in to the syringe though the coupling. The red plunger will act as a non-return valve and retain the air within the dart.
WARNING: THE DART IS NOW PRESSURISED AND EXTREME CAUTION MUST BE EXERCISED AT ALL TIMES. SAFETY CRITERIA MUST BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES.
8.Place the red stabiliser firmly on the rear of the dart. If the stabiliser becomes soiled, it can be washed at 30.°C. The stabiliser must not be wet before use as the syringe may be unstable in flight.